Annual, part-time contract position. Varying work hours (see below). $16 per hour.
Worker’s Compensation insurance provided.
Begins February 1st, 2020.
The Assistant Director is required to assist the Festival Director in the following duties:
● Reviewing project submissions and curating the festival program
● Communicating with artists, planning logistics and organizing festival events
● Soliciting sponsorships, partnerships and donations
● Conducting outreach toward artists and organizations
● Coordinating and promoting activities outside of the main festival (ex: CLiFF)
● Other related tasks and duties as they arise
Desired skills, interests and experience
● Strong interest in social justice movements and issues
● Familiarity with the labour movement a strong asset
● Experience in event organizing and producing
● Experience in fundraising
● Experience in art curation
● Familiarity with multiple strands of the cultural sector (theatre scene, music scene, etc.)
● Proficiency with Google Docs and office software
● Graphic design skills an asset
● February – March: 10 hours per week.
● April : 15 hours per week
● May: 20 hours per week
● June: 10 hours per week
● July – September: 5 hours per week
● October – December: 10 hours per week
Deadline for submissions
January 8th, 2020